WhereU, LLC, is a tech startup located in Atlanta, Georgia’s Sweet Auburn Historic District. Our office is in the Open For Business workspace. We develop and market The WhereU app and the website, WhereYouCameFrom.Biz which publish crowd-sourced listings and referrals about black-owned businesses. Our business search functionality offers a real-time leaderboard of black-owned businesses across categories, ranked by peer-to-peer referral counts. WhereU was launched during Black History Month on February 15, 2016 by Dr. Dionne Mahaffey, a business psychologist, and tech executive. WhereU is a subsidiary of her company, The CPAI Group, Inc., which also debuted The Loyalty Stamp, a mobile rewards app, in 2015. CPAI has been a leader in innovation for over two decades. Since 1999, the company has launched technology initiatives commercially and for private clients in the sports, and entertainment sectors.
The WhereU app
WhereU is a local business search app with a real-time leaderboard of black-owned businesses across categories, ranked by peer-to-peer referral counts. WhereU helps you start your search among the most
trusted African-American and Latino professionals and businesses.
African Americans Have $1.3 Trillion in Buying Power.
Despite our collective buying power, little of our money stays in Black communities or is spent on Black-owned businesses. Currently, a dollar circulates in Asian communities for a month, in Jewish communities approximately 20 days and white communities 17 days.
How long does a dollar circulate in the black community?
ONLY 6 hours!!! African American buying power is at 1.3 Trillion; and yet only 2 cents of every dollar Blacks spend in this country goes to black-owned businesses.
That's where the WhereU app comes in.
WhereU is a local business search app with a real-time leaderboard of black-owned businesses across categories, ranked by peer-to-peer referral counts.
Looking for black owned businesses in our community?
- What about a plumber?
- A dentist?
- A hair stylist, barber or the best caterer?
- Did you relocate and now need new referrals for the best service providers?
WhereU is your best guide when looking for pros or services:
For different services such as house cleaning, plumbing, catering, lawyers, doctors, graphic designers, restaurants, beauty salons and more, WhereU helps you start your search among the most trusted
professionals and businesses.
- Access the top 10 most referred pros and businesses under a category even without internet connection!
- Discover more trusted local businesses and pros when you're online.
- Find the pro nearest you through location service
- Reliable listing with updated, checked and verified contact numbers
- Easily refer trusted pros to friends and family through the referral function
By simply changing how we look at our consumer power base, it would drastically change our communities.
- Black-owned businesses only get 2% return of the Black consumer dollars.
- If Black Consumers spent 10% or more of their income in Black businesses it would generate 1 million jobs for African Americans.
- After the government, black business are the biggest employer of African-Americans.
- Not only are we the second most powerful buying demographic in America, our buying power would make us the 16th largest country!